A leisurely 20 minute drive from Daylesford through picturesque rural scenery delivers you to this beautiful property nestled in the historic hills of Yandoit. The craftsman-built and eco-designed 4 bedroom mudbrick residence is set high on approx 6.692 hectares (16.5 acres) to provide spectacular views over the surrounding countryside towards Mount Franklin, the ancient volcano that dominates this rural landscape.
Massive recycled bridge timbers support and form the roof beams, while eco-friendly materials and natural finishes have been thoughtfully used throughout the dwelling. The property is serviced by mains power with a grid connected solar system, hydronic and wood heating, and ample water storage. There is also a large separate shed/workshop that has been outfitted as a commercial kitchen (no cooking facilities) with heating and cooling, separate office area/studio, and lockup garage.
Perfect for those seeking a family home, private rural retreat or weekender. Inspection by advance appointment only.
• 4 bedrooms plus office
• Spacious open plan living-dining-kitchen with soaring ceiling
• Kitchen has wide island preparation bench, walk-in pantry, dishwasher, electric and gas cooking
• Bathroom with shower, bath
• Spiral staircase to huge loft bedroom – openable skylights
• Mains power with grid connect solar system (1kw)
• ADSL2+ internet (NBN available)
• Building has 5.5 star energy rating
• Build with eco-friendly materials, timber treated with natural oils, wool insulation
• Solar hot water that, in winter, is boosted by a water jacket on the woodstove (has electric boost but rarely, if ever, needed)
• Hydronic heating throughout ground floor, running off the wood stove water jacket
• Whole house water filter, with UV option
• Shed includes: single car garage, commercial kitchen (fitted to commercial kitchen standards) and studio/office
• Commercial kitchen has air conditioning and instantaneous gas hot water
• Kids playground
• 3 dams
• Ample water storage – 3 x 5000 gallon tanks up hill (one dedicated to fire fighting) and two smaller tanks next to house, one small tank that provides water to shed studio/office
• Fire fighting pump and hoses – two fire fighting hoses at house (north west corner and south east corner) and one hose on shed
• Property is 6.692 hectares (16.5 acres) Farming Zone FZ Hepburn Shire
• Close to Yandoit Primary school, Yandoit tennis public courts