“ILLALANGI” – THE HOME ON THE HILL
Positioned high on a generous site of 1435 sq.m – over one-third of an acre – at the corner of East and Hill Streets on Daylesford’s tightly held Wombat Hill, this 4 bedroom steel-framed residence with its gorgeous “look-up” gardens features panoramic eastern and northern views over the surrounding rural district.
The expansive open plan living area flows to a sheltered outdoor entertaining terrace, while the stylish contemporary kitchen, a deluxe new bathroom and light-filled bedrooms provide a spacious home that is perfect as a warm and welcoming permanent home or weekend retreat for those seeking a change of environment from busy city living.
Private but not isolated, the home is located close to the wonderful Sunday Market, historic Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens, Convent Gallery and the Farmers Arms Hotel and is a pleasant walk into Daylesford town centre.
• Spacious open plan living-dining opening to outdoor entertaining terrace
• Contemporary kitchen with European appliances, plenty of bench and storage space
• 4 bedrooms, all with built-in robes
• New deluxe bathroom with walk-in shower, toilet, wide vanity
• Laundry with second toilet, vanity
• Double lock up garage
• Gas central heating, split system heating/airconditioning and woodfire
• 2.5kW Solar Power System, energy efficient lighting
• Solid steel frame construction
• Stunning district views to east and north, including Mount Franklin and beyond
• Rich volcanic soil – a gardener’s paradise. Extensive established gardens with a large selection of trees – Lindens, Pin Oaks, Manchurian Pears and several varieties of Maples. Also Camellias, Lilacs, Weeping Cherries, Rhododenrons, Roses, Hydrangeas, masses of Lupins, Hollyhocks, Foxgoves, Delphinium, Violets, Lavenders and Hellebores. Large and productive vegetable gardens.
• The home was named “Illalangi”, an Aboriginal word meaning Home on the Hill, in 1985 by the man who built it