SUPERB RURAL LIFESTYLE PROPERTY - 21 ACRES WITH PANORAMIC VIEWS
Just 10 minutes from both Daylesford and Trentham, and an easy 90 minute drive to Melbourne CBD, this superbly versatile and private rural property of 21 acres includes among its many features an architect-designed energy efficient residence plus abundant water. The 90m bore provides pure springwater for all household, domestic & stock use, plus there is an additional 10,000 gallons of rainwater storage.
The home is surrounded by low maintenance bird-attracting gardens, and features flexible open plan living suited to indoor-outdoor use all year round while a separate apartment with its own entry would suit additional family quarters, large home office or income-producing accommodation.
Sited at the pinnacle of Dolphins Hill, Bullarto, a wildlife corridor district renowned for its rich volcanic soil, pristine and organic environment, the home is nestled into the sheltering hillside and showcases panoramic views over the Central Highlands.
• 21 acres (approx) of rich volcanic soil adjoining Wombat State Forest and with creek at rear boundary.
• Springwater bore (licensed for 0.1 megalitre/100,000 litres per day) provides pure spring water for all household, domestic & stock use plus 10,000 gallons of rainwater storage
• Pesticide free for 25 years. Elevation approx 800 metres
• Architect-designed residence by Eric Zehrung of Green Point Design, Sustainable Architect and Certified Passive House Designer
• Built on passive-solar principles providing low household running costs – cool in summer, warm in winter. North facing double glazed windows, with mudbrick central walls and timber clad concrete slab acting as heat mass.
• Spacious open plan living-dining-kitchen with timber lined cathedral ceiling and picture windows framing spectacular views
• 4-5 bedrooms including generously proportioned apartment and large upstairs living/office/5th bedroom
• Master bedroom with direct access to private courtyard has walk-in robe and ensuite
• Family bathroom with bath, separate shower. Large laundry with plenty of storage cupboards
• Sheltered courtyard with tranquil pond and patio with vine-covered pergola on northern side, wide undercover deck on east with views to Mt Macedon
• Mains power connected. Wood heater with in-line heat exchange system.